Postdoctoral Scholar and Researcher Positions
Assistant Professor in Human Vision
The Department of Cognitive Sciences at the University of California, Irvine (UCI) invites applications for an assistant professor (tenure-track) position with an anticipated start date of July 1, 2023.
We are seeking scientists who study human vision, with a particular interest in those who combine an empirical research program with innovative approaches in neuroscience and/or cutting-edge computational tools such as machine learning. The successful candidate will establish a vital research program, and contribute to teaching, mentoring, and to inclusive excellence. They will interact with a dynamic and growing community in cognitive, computational, and neural sciences within the department (http://www.cogsci.uci.edu/) and the broader campus.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research and teaching statements, a statement describing past or potential contributions to diversity, equity, and inclusion, three recent or relevant publications, and the names and contact information of three references. The application requirements along with the online application can be found at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF07912. To ensure full consideration, applications must be completed by December 15, 2022.
POSTDOCTORAL SCHOLAR AND RESEARCHER POSITIONS
Postdoctoral Scholar, Project Scientist, and Specialist positions
Postdoctoral Scholar, Project Scientist, and Specialist positions are anticipated throughout the 2022-23 academic year. These positions are sponsored by and dependent on available funding from faculty members in the Department of Cognitive Sciences at the University of California, Irvine.
Interested candidates will be able to find specific application requirements and the online application for these positions on AP Recruit as follows:
- Postdoctoral Scholar: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF07823
- Project Scientist Series: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF07862
- Specialist Series: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF07861
The Department of Cognitive Sciences at the University of California, Irvine invites
applications for part-time lecturer positions for the 2023-24 academic year. The salary
range for this position is $66,259 to $74,576. Salary will be based on UCI salary scales and will be
commensurate with experience.
Courses instructors are needed for the following areas:
- psychology fundamentals: topics include biological bases of behavior, sensation, perception, cognition, development, personality, psychopathology, and social psychology.
- probability and inference: topics covered include the fundamentals of statistical models emphasizing linear model, again with a focus on conceptual understanding and model specification.
- experimental psychology/lab): topics covered include the experimental method, A/B testing, a practical introduction to experimental design with a focus on understanding confounding and other threats to validity, and use of R or JASP for basic statistical analysis.
- psych research methods/lab): topics covered include research methods – observational, survey, correlational, quasi-experimental, and experimental – and tools – for searching the literature, reading and understanding of primary research publications, and drawing inferences from data. 5) special topics in general psychology or cognitive science including, but not limited to, sensation and perception, human memory. 6) special topics in cognitive neuroscience 7) other research laboratory courses
For a list of courses offered by the department, see: https://catalogue.uci.edu/schoolofsocialsciences/departmentofcognitivesciences/#courseinventory
Salary is commensurate with experience, at varying percentages of time, depending on the course(s) assigned.
Required: Ph.D. in Cognitive Sciences, Psychology, or a related field and teaching experience at the college level.
Desired: Prior experience teaching in one or more of the specified areas. Professional experience using these skills and methods in research is also desirable.
Application Process: Applicants should submit a cover letter specifying which courses they feel qualified to teach based on our undergraduate curriculum and their prior experience, curriculum vitae, copies of teaching evaluations and the names and addresses of three references (please do not solicit letters) through the on-line Recruit system. See below for application requirements and the link to apply.
Priority will be given to applications received by July 15, 2023; however, applications will be accepted and reviewed on a continual basis until positions are filled. For application requirements and to apply, please visit: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/JPF08270
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a condition of employment, you will be required to comply with the University of
California Policy on Vaccination Programs – With Updated Interim Amendments. All Covered
Individuals under the policy must provide proof of receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine
Primary Series or, if applicable, submit a request for Exception (based on Medical
Exemption, Disability, Religious Objection, and/or Deferral based on pregnancy or
recent COVID-19 diagnosis and/or treatment) no later than the applicable deadline.
All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of receiving the most recent CDC-recommended
COVID-19 booster or properly decline such booster no later than the applicable deadline.
New University of California employees should refer to Exhibit 2, Section II.C. of
the SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program Attachment for applicable deadlines.
All Covered Individuals must also provide proof of being up-to-date on seasonal influenza
vaccination or properly decline such vaccination no later than the applicable deadline.
Please refer to the Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Program Attachment. (Capitalized
terms in this paragraph are defined in the policy.) Federal, state, or local public
health directives may impose additional requirements.