Please check back for opportunities in the 2021-22 year.
Postdoctoral Scholar, Specialist, and Project Scientist positions
Postdoctoral Scholar, Specialist, and Project Scientist positions are anticipated throughout the 2021-22 academic year. These positions are sponsored by and dependent on available funding from faculty members in the Department of Cognitive Sciences at the University of California, Irvine.
Interested candidates will be able to find specific application requirements and the online application for these positions on AP Recruit in the coming weeks:
- Postdoctoral Scholar: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF07027
- Project Scientist Series: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF07026
- Specialist Series: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF07025
The Department of Cognitive Sciences has temporary part-time lecturer positions available in Fall 2021, Winter 2022, and Spring 2022.
The specific courses to be taught are part of our introductory quantitative methods sequence (PSYCH 10A and PSYCH 10B) and upper-division research methods sequence (PSYCH H111A/112A).
- PSYCH H111A/112A (Fall 2021): Topics covered include, at a minimum, the experimental method, A/B testing, a practical introduction to experimental design with a focus on understanding confounding and other threats to validity, and use of R or JASP for basic statistical analysis.
- PSYCH 10A (Winter 2022 and Spring 2022): Topics covered include, at a minimum, the basics of the R programming language, exploratory data analysis methods, and data visualization in R
- PSYCH 10B (Winter 2022 and Spring 2022): Topics covered include, at a minimum, the fundamentals of statistical models emphasizing linear model, again with a focus on conceptual understanding and model specification.
- Ph.D. in Cognitive Sciences, Psychology, or a related field
- Relevant and effective teaching experience at the college level.
- Prior experience teaching in one or more of the specified areas is desirable.
- Professional experience using these skills and methods in research is also desirable.
Salary is commensurate with experience with an approximate salary level of $8,000 (per course).
Interested candidates should apply online at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF07003.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected
categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
As a recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity, UCI understands the needs of dual career couples, supports work-life balance through an array of family-friendly policies, and is dedicated to broadening participation in higher education. As a Minority Serving Institution, UCI seeks future faculty who will contribute to our enduring commitment to inclusive excellence and serve as role models..